Saturday, April 24, 2010

Glorified Pain??!!

Amidst nodding heads, the music picked up the tempo. The drums slowly began beating faster and harder. The voice screeched about the pain of an infant abandoned by its very mother. And the guitar gave soul and feelings to his vocals. Irony that the place which I somehow find having a divine touch, had at that time been an audience to people enjoying this saga of Glorified Pain!

I searched the crowd, looking for faces to give away stories that made them relate to this sardonic melody being unleashed at them. I somehow wanted to soak and lose myself to every note being belted out, which was so carefully created to carry the theme of the song in it. And in that state of mind, I found a tussle happening within – one between the heart and the mind – one wanting to let out its story of pain and the other trying to find a logical way out of this externally infused emotion trying to pull me down - this evoked me to write today.

It is a wonder how a person chooses to portray pain. I believe the defiants took to the Gothic lifestyle, tattooing their emotions on themselves for the world to see. Some others wrote songs and poems, while some had funny versions to share, pulling out the gravity from their experience in their expression. Few others just trudged along,their hearts carrying it in silence.

Is there really as much pain in life or are we just sadist creatures taking pleasure in being “unable” to come out of this mental creation of quicksand of self-pity in which we seek refuge? Before I could ponder more, a friend came calling, breaking my thoughts. I realized the song had changed as we were walking away from the place.

I look back to it now and I think I’ve got the answer to my question – in fact I did there itself. A smile from the friend who pulled me out of my ruminations, the change of song, and another party to head to – the answer: we probably just hold on to it for too long, too tight, that the smiles around, the parties ahead and the change of songs of different themes, all in all life in its different flavors, are just pushed back into oblivion.

I now smile – Hallelujah!

Yeah, Life’s good!:)

2 comments:

Niyati said...

Nice! Read your blog for the first time. Really well-written!

Riddhi said...

very true! thank u ;)